If you are a lover of nature you could properly be a lover of camping tours as well. Going outdoors is one of the best ways to unwind. You may create some time over the weekend or during the holidays to go outdoors and spend a night or two in the wilderness. Camping is such an enjoyable activity to break from the norm.
If you have gone for camping excursions before, then you must be very well aware of the most important camping gear you need and that is the sound asleep air bed air mattress. This item should be on top of the list as it has the power to make or break your camping tour. If you are a newcomer to camping trips, it is important to gather as much information about the air mattress as possible before you buy one. Below is a brief overview on what you need to consider;
- One of the most important things is the size of the air mattress. How big is it? Will it provide ample sleeping space? Are you looking for king size or twin mattresses? How many people will sleep on it e.t.c. If you are going for the camping trip as a family, then it is ideal to go for the king sized air mattress. A queen sized mattress is enough for a couple.
- Consider the nature of your camping trip. Are you going to engage in long hikes? If yes then remember that you will be carrying it along and the bigger it is the bulkier it will be.
- Another important item to be keen about is the air pumps. With no pump, an air mattress is of no use. There are a number of options to choose from, some mattresses come fitted with an in-built air pump while others come with a separate air pump. There are others that have a single hand pump. All these types carry their own advantages and disadvantages, however a large number of campers do not prefer the manual hand pumps.
- Some manufactures have gone the extra mile to cater for the traveler who is not interested in setting up a tent. There are some air mattresses that are particularly designed for the bed of pick-up trucks, or to fit in the back of a van or a minivan.
- If you are not keen on sleeping on the floor, you can go for an inflatable mattress bed frame. You can purchase it separately if you already have the mattress or go for the complete unit depending on your needs. These stands fold up easily making them very portable.
Remember if your electric pump is battery-powered then you may need to bring along as many batteries as possible.
In summary, an electric air pump and the size of the air mattress are the most important items to consider. In addition to the above, it is important to consider the size of your tent. Be sure your tent can accommodate the air mattress. Once again, your budget, your comfort limit together with your camping needs are the factors you need to take into consideration before choosing your camping air mattress.